Saturday, November 19, 2016

Catching A Glimpse...

You know how when you're walking around, doing a little window shopping and you catch a glimpse of yourself and think "Oh Jeeeezuz" because maybe you think you're butt is too big or your jeans don't fit right? We are all so hard on ourselves. I've gotten to the point of not even looking anymore, of doing anything I can to NOT catch that glimpse. And then this happened. I've got a book signing scheduled next week and I went by the local bookstore on an errand. They have a big window and there I was, impossible to miss. Ugh.. right?  For the first time ever, what I saw made me cry. How did this happen? How did it get this far? I stood on the sidewalk like a damn fool and just couldn't believe it. Never did I think it would come to this. I had to take a picture. Perhaps that would be what I needed to realize it had truly come to this. Perhaps not quite critical mass, but something I never could have imagined. Believe me, after seeing this, I am going to do something, I am going to hit this hard and I hope that I will have friends along the way to cheer me on and keep me going. Because it finally hit home. This is what it's come to and I have to get at it and keep going.



TIME TO SINK OR SWIM! 







Please come! Saturday November 26th 11am. Spirit of '76 Bookstore  Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you see? Leave me a comment! If not, let's just keep it our little secret