Friday, November 25, 2016

A Close call!

We've all waited for the UPS truck to come and bring that cool pair of shoes or the late-night eBay purchase, but this week I was sweating the truck big time. Sales are good for the book (yay!!) which meant I was almost out of copies. With a signing on Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend. No problem, I ordered books way ahead of time. Then I waited and waited and waited some more. Now some authors would just call up their agent, or publicist, or publishing house and get  it taken care of. Who does a self-published author call? None of those people, we don't have those people!

I got on the phone quick to CreateSpace, the self-publishing wing of Amazon. A really helpful guy named Albert actually tracked down the order and got it shipped on time, but as awesome as Albert is he cant control UPS. With a holiday in the middle of the week. Panic set in, daily offerings of prayer and bargaining and good thoughts from friends. Finally, on what was surely my UPS guy's last delivery of the day, my books arrived! Thank you Baby Jesus in the clouds! Thank you Albert from Createspace. Now come on by and get a copy, this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you see? Leave me a comment! If not, let's just keep it our little secret