Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Top Ten Pandemic Positives

Originally, I wrote this to my wonderful group of Badminton friends, because we are not playing anymore. Yes, a first world problem, and truly, I'm glad we are all being safe, but it was a chance for me to reflect on some positives.

TOP TEN BENEFITS FROM CORONA VIRUS/COVID 19

10) Clean hands. I shudder to think what has been happening before now, but thankfully, now people are doing better.


9)  I have time to declutter parts of my house. I’m not actually DOING it, mind you, but I have time.





8) The Charmin Toilet Paper Bears are now national heroes. I do so love it when a big, fat, hairy creature is recognized, it gives me hope as we exit winter and realize the damage four months of minimal shaving maintenance has done.

7) Anxiety over food shortages, illness, family members with chronic health conditions, and debate over how long germs live on surfaces has forced me to walk the feck away from social media and this is a GOOD THING.


6) I am so feckin caught up on laundry, I’ve discovered I might be a laundry savant. Could I parlay this into a job? Which I desperately need? Perhaps.

Perhaps material for medical masks?


5) I take joy in something simple like “Wanna take a ride?” “Wanna go for a walk?” Essentially, I have become my pug, Penny. Not all together a bad thing.



4) Day drinking is no longer entirely frowned upon. So far, I am resisting, but it is nice to know that if I decide to have half a glass of wine at 2pm, no one will tell me I need a meeting.


3) I’m cooking more. Wait, that isn’t really a benefit, to anyone but Stop and Shop, but it’s made me realize I can feed my family without greasy bags and pizza boxes. Winning!


2) I appreciate my friends so much more. I’m going to become one of those obnoxious huggers when this is over


1)    I realize how much I treasure a the first world pleasure of getting to gather at my badminton club, the Gut, see women who inspire me, be supported despite my level (right around an F I would say) of play, and be welcomed, every week. This was about my badminton buddies, but honestly, it transcends social groups. I am so grateful for all of my friends, even from a social distance of six feet. And completely loving that technology means I can stay, at least a little, in touch







2 comments:

Like what you see? Leave me a comment! If not, let's just keep it our little secret