Saturday, August 24, 2019

BLUE HARBOR SCARF WORLD TOUR

Ok, not a column, but rather a journey. Not in that new-agey fake way, an actual trip. My good friend and talented artist Stephanie Krauss Verdun (http://www.stephaniekraussverdun.com/prints/6g2i3lbzfx4qi3gcibtx71lpzkbwb6) is literally off-the-hook talented. She turned some of her works into scarves and the one I like best is from her work, "Blue Harbor Kayak." It's amazing, I swear I wear it everywhere. And it's always noticed and complimented. So, recently, I took it on a Mediterranean cruise through Greece and Italy. What else would I wear? Check out how a scarf can go anywhere you want to go. Even if you never leave home.



The thing about this scarf is you can do anything with it. A cape, over the shoulders, head wrap, infinity, you name it. I stink at this, I can barely tie my shoes, so I'm not artsy with scarves, but it doesn't matter, this looks beautiful no matter what.

Here are a few of the places I took it. It made my trip so much more beautiful to stand by blue water with a piece of home.
The Artist!


The scarf!

As we left Civitavecchia, I was afraid it would blow away, it was so light and airy



In Greece, it's often required to cover your head in Orthodox churches, so I did. A woman stopped me, touched it and said, "Beautiful blue water, like our Aegean Sea"

On the balcony, as we arrive in Santorini, a Greek island accessible from our ship by tender. It was perfect for balcony days. Which were, essentially, every day. 



What's a little wind?

Who doesn't love a little balcony beverage? I've heard direct sun can interfere with how wine tastes. Blue Harbor scarf to the rescue!


I really did do more than drink and drape myself in this gorgeous scarf, but these are some of the highlights. A last toast and it was time to come home. Where is your #BlueHarbor?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you see? Leave me a comment! If not, let's just keep it our little secret